Asia Pacific Client Management Representative
Asia Pacific Sales and Marketing
Director, Asia Pacific
: Fremont, CA
Involved in growing DiscoverX Product and Service revenue in the territory of China and SE Asia through active management of all stages of the sales process from lead generation, distributor management any facilitation of delivery and international shipping in the assigned territory of China and SE Asia. Implements agreed-upon sales and marketing plans which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the assigned area. Works collaboratively with the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation and long-term account goals which are in-line with company vision and values.
- Work with in-house product managers and specialists to manage projects and corporate contracts.
- Sales management through local distribution channels and directly manage large key accounts with multi-year service contracts.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within the assigned territory (China), including the use of Salesforce.com to maximize territory potential.
- Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to resolve their business issues.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience
- B.S. or higher in Biology, Pharmacology or related science.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Chinese (Mandarin).
- Team-first mentality is essential.
- Demonstrated consultative selling skills and technical knowledge.
- Ability to gather, submit detailed business information for pricing and presentation of solutions to identified prospects' business problems.
- Ability to achieve understanding of customer/market dynamics and requirements.
- Experience in drug discovery/development research strongly preferred.
- Experience selling to pharmaceuticals and biotech companies are a plus.
- Proven ability to convert leads into sales and grow existing territories; with a business development mindset to meet sales quotas.
- Ability to manage and grow large key accounts in a changing market.
- M.S. or higher in Pharmacology or Biological sciences.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position may require up to 25% international travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are regular business hours Monday through Friday. The ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend work to match the work schedules of customers in Asia may be required depending on business needs and job duties.
NOTE: Job descriptions are intended to reflect principal job elements essential for the position. They should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.