Careers – Operations
Job Title: Scientist I, Screening & Development Team
Job Code: DrX023-2017
Department: San Diego Operations
Reports to: Grouop Leader, Screening & Development
Location: San Diego, CA
Responsibilities shall include execution of high-throughput screening experiments in a team environment; preparation and QC of key reagents. Eventually lab responsibilities to include data analysis and troubleshooting (using the scientific method to design, execute, and interpret hypothesis-driven experiments); and maintenance of laboratory supplies and infrastructure.
- Basic laboratory skills, including liquid handling, reagent preparation, and chemistry-related calculations- including calculations of stock concentrations, making serial dilutions, etc.
- Execution of high-throughput screening experiments
- Preparation and QC of key reagents
- Other duties as required and assigned
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the life sciences or physical sciences
- Independent undergraduate research experience
- 0-2 years of experience at a pharmaceutical / biotechnology company or research institute
- Outstanding written and oral communication skill
- Capable of multitasking and properly prioritizing tasks.
- Experience with basic Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, etc.
- Experience in pharmacology, enzymology, or assay development
NOTE: Job descriptions are intended to reflect principal job elements essential for the position. They should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Laboratory environment. This role routinely uses standard laboratory equipment. This position operates in a BSL1/2 laboratory setting. There is potential for exposure to human tissues and fluids.
No travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some movement of laboratory studies are required. This would require the ability to conduct experiments, operate laboratory equipment, and bend or stand transfer experiments from one instrument to another.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are regular business hours Monday through Friday. The ability to work a flexible schedule (including evening and weekend work) may be required depending on business needs and job duties.
DiscoverX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.