Careers – Operations
Vice President, Operations
: Fremont, CA
The Operations Assistant will perform tasks such as kit packaging, inventory, shipping, receiving and facilities maintenance.
This position will be responsible for performing routine and non-routine tasks involved in preparing products for shipping, receiving, and coordinating the facilities maintenance. Main responsibilities include:
- Preparing products for shipment.
- Maintaining the on-site laboratory supplies storage room.
- Inventory maintenance and regular cycle counts.
- Shipping and receiving of products.
- Assisting in the manufacturing service functions including labeling, kit packaging, lab ware cleaning, liquid nitrogen tanks maintenance, etc.
- Other duties as outlined and required for the smooth functioning of the group and the organization.
Preferred Education and Experience
- AA/AS in biological or biotechnology sciences or High School Diploma with minimum 1 year experience in related industry.
- Very detail-oriented.
- Familiar with basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift objects up to 25 pounds.
- Willing to learn new skills and be able to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with shipping and warehouse maintenance a plus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Laboratory setting, potential for exposure to various chemicals and cryogens (dry ice, liquid nitrogen), working in walk-in freezers.
No travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are regular business hours Monday through Friday. The ability to work a flexible schedule (including evening and weekend work) may be required depending on business needs and job duties.
NOTE: Job descriptions are intended to reflect principal job elements essential for the position. They should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.