Wednesday, September 20, 2017
(25-minute seminar, 5-minute Q&A)
Presenter: Dana Haley-Vicente, Ph.D., DiscoverX
Protein kinases are critical to many cellular pathways and play a role in several therapeutic areas such as oncology, inflammation, CNS, and diabetes. Learn how to make your own receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) cell-based assays to analyze RTK function, dimerization, and translocation as well as screening of RTK therapeutics.
What will be covered?
- RTK biology and drug discovery importance
- Tools needed to create your own RTK cell lines and assays
- Experimental design and workflows
- Applications of RTK and related cell-based assays
Who should attend?
- Receptor kinase scientists that work on RTKs, cytosolic tyrosine kinases, and cytokine receptor kinases
- Researchers developing cell lines and cell-based assays
- Basic research and assay development drug discovery scientists