Detection Kits & Reagents
Eurofins DiscoverX® detection products are designed for sensitive quantification of biologics or small molecules to provide accurate pharmacology and reproducible results. Choose from various detection kits and reagents with chemiluminescent and fluorescent readouts to suit the diverse needs of your drug discovery and development programs.
The homogeneous, one-step addition detection kit protocols are easy-to-run, amenable to high-throughput screening (HTS), and include options for running in agonist, antagonist, inverse agonist, and allosteric modulator modes. These products are fully optimized for identifying a variety of assayable events such as detecting cell-based protein-protein interactions, compound-protein binding, cell death, translocation, and more.
Eurofins DiscoverX has over 2 decades of experience creating and optimizing detection kits and reagents to support our engineered cell lines for GPCR, immuno-oncology, kinase, and many other popular drug discovery targets and applications.
Utilize Eurofins DiscoverX’s optimized detection kits and reagents with PathHunter®, KILR®, cAMP Hunter™, and InCELL cell lines for highly sensitive and reproducible results you can rely on.
- Superior Results – Robust assays with sensitive detection and reproducible results
- Homogeneous – Easy-to-run, no wash, one-step addition protocols with luminescent and fluorescence read-outs that can be read with any standard plate reader
- Flexible – Applicable for studying protein-protein interactions, receptor dimerization, protein translocation, receptor activation, protein trafficking, receptor internalization, small molecule accumulation, and more
- Scalable – High-throughput screening capable and miniaturizable from 96- to 3456-well formats
Detection kits are based on the proprietary Enzyme Fragment Complementation (EFC) technology designed for PathHunter, KILR, cAMP Hunter, and InCELL cell lines. These kits allow for the detection of complementation of the EFC β-galactosidase (β-gal) large enzyme acceptor (EA) and small enzyme donor (ED; also called ProLabel® (PK) or ProLink™ (ePL) fragments.
- PathHunter Detection Kit – Detect EFC in cell lines with PK or ePL β-gal enzyme donor expression. Compatible with β-arrestin, internalization, pharmacotrafficking, receptor tyrosine kinase, pathway, nuclear hormones, and many other PathHunter cell lines.
- PathHunter Flash Detection Kit – Detect EFC in cell lines with PK or ePL β-gal enzyme donor expression with a unique chemistry optimized for dimerization, select pharmacotrafficking, and several other PathHunter cell lines.
- HitHunter cAMP Assays – Accurately monitor GPCR activation by biologics or small molecule ligands and detect cellular cAMP production levels for a variety of applications. Optimized for use with cAMP Hunter Gs/Gi-coupled cell lines. Learn more about cAMP assays and related products.
- KILR Detection Kit – Measure target cell death in co-cultures for adherent or suspension KILR cell lines or cell pools when running cytotoxicity assays that result in cell lysis. Learn more about KILR cytotoxicity assays.
- InCELL Detection Kit – Measure compound binding to a specific protein target in InCELL Hunter™ and InCELL Pulse™ cell lines. Learn more about InCELL compound target engagement assays.
- PathHunter Bioassay Detection Kit – Detect EFC in bioassay cells or cell lines used for applications from drug development through QC lot-release programs that need highly qualified detection with marketed biologic drugs or reference standards. Learn more about bioassays.
- HitHunter® cGMP Assay– Directly measure cellular cGMP when studying cGMP-dependent phosphodiesterases and cGMP signaling receptors. Learn more about cGMP assays.
Fluorescent readout kits and reagents to measure intracellular calcium mobilization in GPCR Gq-coupled cell lines and Ion Channel cells or monitor ATP depletion and ADP production in cells for kinase profiling applications.
- Calcium No WashPLUS Assay – Easily measure intracellular calcium within cells after activation of calcium coupled GPCRs and ion channels. Rapidly quantify calcium flux with homogeneous, fluorescent dye-based assays qualified for use with all Gq-coupled cell lines. Learn more about calcium products.
- Coelenterazine H – Utilize a derivative of native coelenterazine that is significantly more sensitive to calcium and provides enhanced performance in aequorin-based luminescent HTS calcium assays. Note aequorin-based luminescence assays require addition of a coelenterazine substrate like coelenterazine H. Learn more about calcium products.
- Kinase Accumulation Assays – Reliably monitor ATP depletion and ADP accumulation in cells for kinase profiling applications. These antibody-free, homogeneous assays measure phosphotransferase-mediated production of ADP, which provides a positive signal that increases in direct proportion to ADP accumulation. Learn more about Kinase Accumulation Assays.
Chemiluminescent kit to help confirm EFC β-galactosidase large enzyme acceptor (EA) or small enzyme donor (ED) ProLink- and ProLabel-tagged protein expression within Eurofins DiscoverX cell lines
- PathHunter EA Detection Kit – Detect EA in cells expressing EA such as ENDO-EA, MEM-EA, NUC-EA, β-arrestin EA, and SH2-EA containing cell lines
- PathHunter PL/PK Detection Kit – Detect PL/PK expression in cells that express these enzyme donor fragment, but do not contain an EA-tagged protein
- PathHunter Bioassay ED Detection Kit – Confirm expression of PK- or ePL-tagged proteins in bioassay cells or cell lines used for applications from drug development through QC lot-release programs that need highly qualified detection with marketed biologic drugs or reference standards. Learn more about bioassays.
- PathHunter ProLabel Detection Kit – Detect ProLabel-tagged protein in parental cells expressing ProLabel vectors
- PathHunter ProLink Detection Kit – Detect ProLink-tagged proteins in parental cells expressing ProLink vectors
Products & Custom Development Capabilities.Read More